Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Installation of our new floor

Today they finished most of the work on our new Pergo floors in the living room, dining room, and hallways. They miscalculated the amount of flooring so they will have to come back once they order more to finish the entryway and the bar, but it looks really nice right now. Tomorrow we'll move our furniture back in, since that won't affect the work they have yet to do. The color is exactly the tone I wanted. The cats are a little scared of the noise their claws make when they walk on it, and the room is so big without any furniture you can hear echoes, but that will change once we move furniture back in and eventually buy rugs for certain sections. Still deciding on a color for the walls, we'll see.

Next we need to shop for a new dining room table, as the one we have just doesn't fit the new look. Also, the set isn't in the best shape after 14 years of use. But it lasted us a long time for a set that costed us $199.oo lol.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Very nice! It looks like you moved into a whole new place.

I discovered a cool store today: Anna's Linens. I'd hesitated to try it out in the past because I figured it would be full of cheap junk. But they carry a lot of the same brands and items as the big home stores--BBB and LnT--often at a fraction of the price. Their window treatments seem to be the best deal around. They have area rugs, though I didn't look at them in the store.

The website doesn't have as much, but gives you an idea if you'd like to check it out: http://www.annaslinens.com/

BTW, I got free delivery from Vons last week. I had a cold, so it was very nice to get groceries delivered. I think my true love language is: COUPONS, SALES, DISCOUNTS, and FREEBIES!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home