Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Summer is passing away quickly...

Hmmm, nothing much going on here, though I've been so bad at communicating with people as of late, I decided to post a blog entry to let you all know Mark and I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. Hmm...starting to think about future vacation plans, can't decide to go home for the holidays or stay here and relax. If we don't end up going home to Hawaii in December, we will probably do a quick trip to see my nephews in the fall sometime. Need to start saving up money (and vacation time) for next year as we have a pretty busy travel schedule. Mark's family is thinking of going to Australia as a group, and if they go, we'll be joining them, with maybe a side trip to new Zealand (go go LotR movie tour). We also have been planning on dragging our friends Jana and Korak and the family to Hawaii before Lily turns 2, so we can play "tour guide barbie" and show them around our old stomping grounds. I also plan on going on that train trip to Portland sometime with the girls, hopefully we get that together.

Mark and I need to finish painting the repaired areas of our house, the 2nd bedroom is a mad house of all of our master closet stuff and things that i can't put away because of the mess. My friend Nancy who has been graciously letting me blather on about furniture and home decor dragged me away from my computer game to go look at furniture stores this past Saturday, but we didn't see anything that was appealing to me. Everything was too modern for my tastes, and so we went away a little disapointed at the current styles. She has done more research and some other possibilities, so hopefully we'll try again sometime soon and we'll see things that appeal to us more.

Hmmm I can't believe its the middle of August, and time is just slipping away from us. I have been carving away a little time from playing my games to read an old fantasy series called Dragonlance. Last time I read it, I was in early high school, and one of my nicknames that I continue to use to this day was from a character from that series. I also named one of my cats another name from that series(Kitiara). There are probably a hundred books in the series now, written by several different writers, but the core of the series was written by 2 authors, and those are the books I am wanted to read again. Books like these are kinda like talking a long walk with an old friend you haven't seen in a while, lots of good memories; and its interesting to see the same memories with a more grownup perspective.

Next week, we will probably be spending most of the week in Malibu helping out my coworkers there with new student orientation stuff. Which means early mornings, and long tiring days. Hundreds of new freshmen, with their virus and spyware teeming computers for us to clean and configure for wireless...yeck. Its also Mark's birthday next week, not sure what we'll end up doing yet.

Anyways, I've gone on long enough, I'll stop for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home