Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Times just flies

Wow, I can't believe its been so long since I've posted, and I was doing so well for a while. Anyways, I'll back log some posts about the trips we've taken recently when I get a chance to work on the pictures. We're doing okay, and keeping busy with our game and work. I have been working on another character in our game, and she just reached 60 a couple days ago. Level 60 is the maximum level any character can reach right now, though that does not signal the end of the game for that character, I guess its like reaching 18; you are an adult, and you have many other things to do with your life, but you've stopped growing in your abilities. Now I need to get her the appropriate "tools" to do her job, and figure out what she wants to be when she "grows up". Becoming level 60 opens up a whole new game for a character, and I haven't quite decided what her new role will be. Other than that, we've been busy in the game in other ways, being an officer in our group of 70+ teammates reminds me of being a leader at church; there are always new people to meet, relationships to build, problems to solve and help to be given. Overall its a pretty rewarding experience but it can be stressful as well.

Other than that, we continue to work on trying to get our holes in our ceiling fixed, and working with the HOA to schedule estimates from contractors, etc. We finally have a company scheduled to fix our radiant heating, which is the first step in fixing the holes in our ceiling, so that makes me feel a bit hopeful. I sometimes feel like our whole lives have been put on hold over this leak issue, and I am so eager for a time when this is all behind us. We plan to do some redecorating and purchasing of furniture when this is all done, so I'm starting to keep an eye out on possible furnishings and floor plans. Still haven't decided if I want to rip out the carpet and put in laminate wood flooring in the living room/dining room, but its still very tempting...

The weather here has been very nice, and again, when the house is repaired, I plan to buy new patio furniture(our old patio table shattered during a high wind storm 4 months ago). Summer is finally here and we are enjoying some very nice weather, not too hot yet, but pleasant be in, even for an anti-sun person as myself. I really need to get a wireless router or a long network cable so I can do some of my game playing outside =)

This weekend I hope to get out of my daze and try and work on some projects I have had for a while. Bought a new device that makes it easier to turn camcorder tapes into dvd's so I will be playing with that, and doing some organizing around the house as well. Also will try to get back on some of my correspondance that has been piling up, and catch up with my real life friends again. My good friends in LA are going to be taking me out to dinner for a belated celebration of my birthday, and so that should be nice.

Anyways, I think that's all for now and if I think of anything I missed I'll just make a new post later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gene and Joyce said...

Judy... thanks so much for helping me set up our blog. It has been fun and people seem to enjoy it. Also please accept simple words of thanks for coming to the retirement celebration -- until you are better paid! As you can tell by our blog we are in Canada -- actually Whitehorse, Yukon right now, but I haven't blogged this part yet. Again, thanks for the help.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home