Whoa how time flies
Its been a month since my last post, and so let me make a few updates. Things for Mark and I have been rather routine. We continue to deal with the situation with our leaks, and we have been busy with work and our computer gaming schedule.
We have been doing some really great things in our computer game with our "guild" Steel Rain and our sister alliance guild "Avatars of Azeroth". If you are curious to check out some of our feats, you can check out my Steel Rain webpage at http://www.guilduniverse.com/steelrain
Mark and I are officers that help run the guild, and its a good group of people who have become good friends of ours through the last two years we have been playing this game. Steel Rain was formed when the game was in closed beta, by a coworker(Jesse) that used to work in the office next to ours. He was interning with Blizzard, so he participated in the alpha testing, and got me and Mark into the Closed beta. A lot of his friends who wanted to play wanted to play hunters, and so we picked Steel Rain because of that. Our guild started during open beta and a lot of the original players still play, though our coworker has stopped.
In the game, Mark just finished a major accomplishment that is very hard to do. It gives him a game item that is very good for his type of character, and several people in our guild and sister guild came out to help Mark try and get it. It was nice to see so many people making time to help us with this quest, and we feel very thankful for all those helped us out. Mark and I try to help out the people in our guild a lot, so I guess it was a chance for others to help us back. The amount of support was very touching, and it made me feel good that so many friends could help us.
Other than our in game conquests, in real life we have been trying to just get by. On Easter, we had lunch with Paul and Peggy, and reacquainted ourselves with their friends who we met in Michigan by some random change of fate. It was nice to get out.
I was planning to plan a train trip to Oregon with some of the my caregroup girls but Valerie is pregnant (Yay!), and so we decided to postpone the trip. I ended up getting an unexpected bonus from work for all the help Mark and I have been giving them since my friend Larry passed away, and have decided to use that money to take a surprise trip back to Hawaii on Mother's Day. We are also planning on going to Oregon in June to help my friend Jana out as she helps plan her father's retirement party. So hopefully I will have some pictures soon of some upcoming trips.
I just joined the health club next to my work place, and I hope to start exercising again. I have been losing weight because we haven't been going out to eat as much, and I'd like to keep going on that trend.
Other than that, things have been so so. We have a lot going on with our leak situation, but that is something I don't want to talk about in this blog, that has its own place.
I know I have been a bad corresponder, just don't have much energy to do it, but I will try to be better. Hopefully this blog will fill you guys in as to what is going on in our lives somewhat.
We have been doing some really great things in our computer game with our "guild" Steel Rain and our sister alliance guild "Avatars of Azeroth". If you are curious to check out some of our feats, you can check out my Steel Rain webpage at http://www.guilduniverse.com/steelrain
Mark and I are officers that help run the guild, and its a good group of people who have become good friends of ours through the last two years we have been playing this game. Steel Rain was formed when the game was in closed beta, by a coworker(Jesse) that used to work in the office next to ours. He was interning with Blizzard, so he participated in the alpha testing, and got me and Mark into the Closed beta. A lot of his friends who wanted to play wanted to play hunters, and so we picked Steel Rain because of that. Our guild started during open beta and a lot of the original players still play, though our coworker has stopped.
In the game, Mark just finished a major accomplishment that is very hard to do. It gives him a game item that is very good for his type of character, and several people in our guild and sister guild came out to help Mark try and get it. It was nice to see so many people making time to help us with this quest, and we feel very thankful for all those helped us out. Mark and I try to help out the people in our guild a lot, so I guess it was a chance for others to help us back. The amount of support was very touching, and it made me feel good that so many friends could help us.
Other than our in game conquests, in real life we have been trying to just get by. On Easter, we had lunch with Paul and Peggy, and reacquainted ourselves with their friends who we met in Michigan by some random change of fate. It was nice to get out.
I was planning to plan a train trip to Oregon with some of the my caregroup girls but Valerie is pregnant (Yay!), and so we decided to postpone the trip. I ended up getting an unexpected bonus from work for all the help Mark and I have been giving them since my friend Larry passed away, and have decided to use that money to take a surprise trip back to Hawaii on Mother's Day. We are also planning on going to Oregon in June to help my friend Jana out as she helps plan her father's retirement party. So hopefully I will have some pictures soon of some upcoming trips.
I just joined the health club next to my work place, and I hope to start exercising again. I have been losing weight because we haven't been going out to eat as much, and I'd like to keep going on that trend.
Other than that, things have been so so. We have a lot going on with our leak situation, but that is something I don't want to talk about in this blog, that has its own place.
I know I have been a bad corresponder, just don't have much energy to do it, but I will try to be better. Hopefully this blog will fill you guys in as to what is going on in our lives somewhat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home