Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

Its been three weeks since my last post and its sad to say that there really isn't much going on for us. Mark and I have been very busy with work, as one of our colleagues who does similar work to us left the company a couple weeks ago, so that means more work for us. Its getting straightened out, but it still adds to our load.

I worked my part time job last weekend, and even though it nothing went wrong, it still is kinda draining to have to work 13 hours on Friday and a full day Saturday. Twice every 3-4 months, I administer a business simulation for the business students. In their strategy class, they form teams and use a computer software that simulates them running their own manufacturing companies. I make sure their equpment works, and input variables the faculty members use to alter the world economy. Its part boring, because in between runs it can get dull, but its kinda stressful at the same time because if something does go wrong, you have a lot of pressure to fix it, since the students pay big bucks in order to do this part of their class. This past weeks was the first one I've run by myself since being trained on it last quarter. It went smoothly, but it really makes a dent into the weekend, I'm always tired those weekends. I have another sim next week. The money is decent, and with all the bills from the leak situation, its nice to have a little extra money to pay off the repairs and lawyer fees with.

We've been very busy with our game, as we are starting to see the fruit of our labors for the last 4 months. We're doing some really fun things in the game, that require 40 people to do successful, all working as a team, and we've gotten some very nice items for our hard work.

Anyways, I feel kinda disconnected to people lately, I need to make more of an effort to contact people. Hope everyone else is doing well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I've been checking your blog all week, mostly because I didn't see you last Tuesday and that makes it feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Was wondering what you were up to, and figured you must be neck high in work. Next time I miss you, I'll just leave random posts on your blog.

I was grouchy with hubby on Tuesday night and had to tell him it was because I missed going to small group--I really look forward to it every week, seeing you and laughing and making dumb jokes together. Hope to see you in a couple days.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home