Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mmmmmm...Starbucks....

I have to admit, I think I'm addicted to Starbucks, and I feel slightly guilty about it. Ever since my work place moved right acress the street from the famous coffee place 2 years ago, I have always thought myself above the need to spend $3.30+ a day to get my fix of caffeine. I would look at those poor suckers, standing in line in droves for their fancy high priced cup of joe.

It was during that same move that brought me closer to Starbucks that my friend Larry and I started to brew our own coffee, and it became our morning ritual; Larry would make it, and I would keep us supplied with kona coffee from my trips back home. It kept both of us away from the evil of Starbucks, but unfortunately my friend passed away in November very unexpectedly, and in my grieving, I couldn't bring myself to make it. So off to Starbucks I would go for my morning fix. Now that my grieving is past, I still have a hard time making my own coffee. So I continue my expensive habit, cursing my weakness to the sickly sweet pleasures of White Chocolate mocha w/whipped cream. Maybe someday I'll crawl out from under this addiction, but until then ignore my whipped cream moustache as I get my morning fix. =)

Pictured: My coffee cup, that saves me 10 cents when I use it at Starbucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home