Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Tea for One

Today I woke up early and decided to have a quiet time of reading and tea, a ritual that I really cherish when I have the opportunity to do it. There is something to be said of the quiet morning hours, the way the sun looks at that time of day, and it fills me with peace.

I have been reading a series by Piers Anthony called the Incarnations, and I'm on the 5th book right now, "Being a Green Mother." I first read this series when I was in high school, and it is interesting to read it again, as an adult. Piers Anthony was one of my favorite authors at that time, hence the name Piers for our gray striped tabby. I don't know if I had read them for the first time today, whether or not I would have put them among my favorites, but its still an interesting read. Makes me think a lot about the nature of good and evil and the roles it plays in our lives. Seems appropriate to think about with everything that has been going on in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home