Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Autumn is here

Just thought I'd blog a entry while I have some time at work. Nothing really too exciting going on here, the usual day to day grind. Work has been busy as we just got 25 new computers in for staff members, so we're busy unboxing, labeling and getting them ready to install. Next week we'll be making appointments with each staff member to set up times to copy all their old data and programs to their new computers, so we'll be pretty busy next week.

Last week we ordered some new living room furniture. We've never had official living room furniture, we've just had our futon forever, so we'll be moving the futon to the second bedroom when the new furniture arives. We got a green couch, with 2 chairs and a round ottoman. I really love it, it was a very whimsical style to it. It will take 2-3 months to get the furniture in, so we'll put up pictures when it gets delivered. Its kinda funny that me and my friend Nancy spend several shopping trips looking at all sorts of furniture at all these swank furniture places and I ended up buying my furniture at JCPenney's for 50% off clearance. lol. Now I just have to decide on a color for the walls.


Now that the leak issues are almost done, we are going forward with more redecorating of the condo. We decided to replace the carpet in our dining room and living room with wood laminate(pergo), and so we went to Lowes to pick a color and style. You wouldn't think there would be sooo many colors of wood, but after a long deliberation, we finally picked a color(Medlin Oak). Next week, they will send someone out measure the sq. footage.
<-------A sample of what the floor will look like.

We also decided that with all the house renovations, we will not be going to Hawaii for the holidays, and just spend Christmas holidays here in LA. Just as we decided that, we got an email from my favorite travel website, Travelzoo, about a really cheap deal to Hawaii. Basically, 4 night stay at a hotel in waikiki, roundtrip airfare and rental car for $370. That's a great deal, so we decided to take advantage of it. After I booked the tickets, we were talking some of our friends and they decided to join us, which will be a lot of fun(we love playing tour guide). So all 4 of us will be going to Hawaii in November for a weekend. More about that trip in a future blog entry.

Other than that, I have been cutting back some of my gaming time to spend time doing some of my other hobbies. After cleaning up the 2nd bedroom, I've set up my scrapbooking table again and have actually made a page(first one this year). I am also in the process of sorting through some of my pictures and scanning in some of the scrapbook pages I have, and uploading them to my flickr account. I'm also starting my next hawaiian quilting project since the last one got ruined by a spilled hairspray bottle in my lugguge after one of my trips. I'll post a picture of that later on.

This weekend, we'll be going with Jana and her kids to Legoland, a long awaited trip that I promised Josiah for his 3rd birthday(he's 4 now). At the time, Jana was pregnant so we postponed it but I'm finally making good on my promise. It should be nice, I haven't been to legoland in a while, and its perfect for Josiah's age group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home