Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Decorating done! ....for now...

Mark and I finally finished our decorating, at least for now, right in time for our holiday care group dinner. We have been working every spare moment for the last week on redoing our living room, and I must say its a pretty dramatic change. We painted the walls of our living room a pale green, and our dining room light blue, rearranged the furniture, bought new lights, and new shelves, and reorganized all the wall art and books. Using the couch and some low shelves, we sectioned off our living room into 2 parts, the entry/reading area and the actual tv watching/socializing area. Breaking the big room into two areas allowed the two areas to seem more inviting and cozier. I was a little nervous about the color scheme and using two different paint colors but it actually looks great with my new furniture. Here's some pictures of the new decor(click on the pics to see bigger versions):



















It was a lot of work, slaving away all week to get this done, and we are so happy to be done. Mark is especially glad, since he's been doing most of the heavy lifting and the more demanding physical labor (he's been in muscle pain every day). I told him that after all this is done, he's deserved some well earned vacation time, and so we have no plans to do any other household redecorating until the new year. Here's the "boys" relaxing in the new living room on the couch.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it, love it, love it!!So sorry to miss visiting you guys!!!We made it okay to Portland. We barely made it to LAX because of the traffic. We are back home now, recuperating. T is very very tired as he had to go back to work the morning when we arrived.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home