Happy Halloween
We're hanging on here, seemingly by the skin of our teeth(yes, I don't know where I get these weird sayings). Work has been more crazy than usual, as my work place people and I have had to relocate to a temporary location for the foreseeable future because of the city breaking a sewer pipe that flooded sewer into our old area. It was a weird experience, as we watched the sewer leak ooze closer and closer to our office and finally we had to evacuate the area and use cardboard boxes to escape without walking in it. We have to wait until they put in new carpet, and that might be a while. Our new temporary digs is in the same computer classroom that I have all my classes in, so I spend from 8am to 9pm in a drab windowless loud room with 15 people working in one big open space. The noise in the room drives me crazy, and I have a headache everyday about 3pm.
On one good note, I got my review for my job since its the 1st anniversary of working at PSU, and got a nice raise. (much bigger than any I've gotten at Pepperdine). We also get a cost of living raise too, 3.2 percent through our labor union. I plan to put that extra money into a savings account since we used up what we had when we bought our house. We're also in the process of hiring another person who will do similar work as my position which will be nice since my boss is going on maternity leave in December.
Mark is still enjoying his faculty position, and has finished the 1st session of his class. He teaches two 5 week classes, instead of one 10 week class per semester, so today is the last day of his 1st session and he starts his 2nd session next week. Next session is a full class, so he'll have a lot of students.
We rejoined WOW, but I really haven't played much. I'm trying to be just a casual player, which is made easier since I transfered my characters to a server that I know very few people. Trying not to get too involved with the people much, since that is really what makes the game addictive to me, the socialization factor. At least I'm not a leader anymore, I'm relieved about that. =)
Other than that, I'm starting to look for a webpage project that I can work on for next year's portfolio class. I have to do 3 semesters of a portfolio class, that i have to develop and be able show off as samples of my internet work. I don't really have an idea of what I might want to do, which is funny since in the past I can think of good projects for this, but now I can't think of much.
On one good note, I got my review for my job since its the 1st anniversary of working at PSU, and got a nice raise. (much bigger than any I've gotten at Pepperdine). We also get a cost of living raise too, 3.2 percent through our labor union. I plan to put that extra money into a savings account since we used up what we had when we bought our house. We're also in the process of hiring another person who will do similar work as my position which will be nice since my boss is going on maternity leave in December.
Mark is still enjoying his faculty position, and has finished the 1st session of his class. He teaches two 5 week classes, instead of one 10 week class per semester, so today is the last day of his 1st session and he starts his 2nd session next week. Next session is a full class, so he'll have a lot of students.
We rejoined WOW, but I really haven't played much. I'm trying to be just a casual player, which is made easier since I transfered my characters to a server that I know very few people. Trying not to get too involved with the people much, since that is really what makes the game addictive to me, the socialization factor. At least I'm not a leader anymore, I'm relieved about that. =)
Other than that, I'm starting to look for a webpage project that I can work on for next year's portfolio class. I have to do 3 semesters of a portfolio class, that i have to develop and be able show off as samples of my internet work. I don't really have an idea of what I might want to do, which is funny since in the past I can think of good projects for this, but now I can't think of much.

1 Comments:
Good to hear from you. Your work (both of you) sounds interesting. We have only been up in your area twice and both times were real quick pass throughs. Maybe next summer. We're going to LA and Tucson for the winter. Love to read your blog.
-g
Post a Comment
<< Home