The beginning signs of spring...maybe
It starting to warm up a little bit, the days are in the 50's instead of the 30's that have characterized most of January and February so far. Things here are going well, I'm prepared about 27 taxes at my job, and so I can definitely say that my nervousness about the process is long past.
As for our house, even though it was a little dicey for a while, we are still going through with it, with a closing date of March 28th. We had our property inspection, and the inspector informed us that the house needs a new roof soon, so we negotiated a price break with the owners. We are slowly packing on the weekends, though that will speed up in the month of March. Working two jobs has been challenging, and leaves me pretty tired so I don't have much spare time. The tax season is slowing down, and I'll have more time at home until it picks up again in April, so I have more time to pack. I'm still excited about moving, though all the doom and gloom news in the housing market makes me double check my numbers all the time. So far I still think we are getting a good deal, you know me, I like to do my homework. =)
Mark has been wonderful while I've been working, picking up the slack by doing more chores at home and cooking dinner every night I work. We are trying to keep our expenses down in anticipation of the move by eating out less and being more careful. We are planning to go to Peter and Irene's wedding in the beginning of May and also visit Hawaii in later May. Trying to save my earnings from Block for vacations.
Other than that, nothing much is going on. I'll be happy when April 15th comes aound and I can relax again. I'll start studying for my Enrolled Agent license after the tax season, and see how far it goes. More about that in later posts.
As for our house, even though it was a little dicey for a while, we are still going through with it, with a closing date of March 28th. We had our property inspection, and the inspector informed us that the house needs a new roof soon, so we negotiated a price break with the owners. We are slowly packing on the weekends, though that will speed up in the month of March. Working two jobs has been challenging, and leaves me pretty tired so I don't have much spare time. The tax season is slowing down, and I'll have more time at home until it picks up again in April, so I have more time to pack. I'm still excited about moving, though all the doom and gloom news in the housing market makes me double check my numbers all the time. So far I still think we are getting a good deal, you know me, I like to do my homework. =)
Mark has been wonderful while I've been working, picking up the slack by doing more chores at home and cooking dinner every night I work. We are trying to keep our expenses down in anticipation of the move by eating out less and being more careful. We are planning to go to Peter and Irene's wedding in the beginning of May and also visit Hawaii in later May. Trying to save my earnings from Block for vacations.
Other than that, nothing much is going on. I'll be happy when April 15th comes aound and I can relax again. I'll start studying for my Enrolled Agent license after the tax season, and see how far it goes. More about that in later posts.

1 Comments:
Did my taxes this week and thought of you. I felt a lot more confident about those hubby-related write-offs, just hearing from you (when you were out here visiting) that this was OK. Every year he tells me, "It's FINE--everybody at my office writes off that stuff." Guess I felt more comfortable hearing it from a certified tax professional.
Post a Comment
<< Home