Merry Christmas 2007
Merry Christmas everyone!
We have had a nice Christmas weekend, sleeping it till noon every day and being able to relax. I was off from both my regular job and from tax studying/H&R training, which was probably the first time I've had 4 days off since September. It was great catching up on my sleep too. My usual schedule of working from 8am to 9pm on weekdays was starting to run me a bit ragged, so it was nice to rest. Sunday, we had a small dinner party at our house with Paul and Peggy, and Troy, Valerie and Russell. We all played Rock Band, and I was happily surprised that both Peggy and Valerie got into it as well. We had a great time, and our band, "RAT" earned many fans and a tour bus before we had to call it a night. It was a really enjoyable night, especially since the last few months have been so busy with studies, it was nice to have fun with good friends.
On Christmas eve, we attended a Christmas eve service at our new church, and also attended half of a catholic midnight mass that a friend of mine from work was singing at. We ended up having to leave in the middle because of my allergies to incense were driving me crazy. Good thing I'm not Catholic, I would never be able to survive the services. The music was really nice, and we did get to hear my friend's choir sing, so that was the main thing.
Today, we slept in and awoke to the sight of snow falling outside of our window. All week the news said there would be no snow, but they were wrong. It was kinda nice to have a "White Christmas" on our first Christmas here in Portland. I later read online that there was only a 1 percent chance of snow today, and that the last time Portland had snow on Christmas was back in 1938! =) As I watched it outside, it reminded me of all of God's wonderful blessings Mark and I have enjoyed since moving to Portland.
Later today, we went over to Troy and Valerie's house for dinner. For Mark and I, it was a good opportunity to play with Russell's Christmas toys. Russell is so cute, with his blue eyes and easy laugh. He is just starting to walk, and its funny to watch his wobbly hesitant steps. He has always seemed to like me, but today he was more affectionate than ever, coming up to me and cuddling. After a delicious dinner, we just spent the evening chatting and watching Russell play with his new toys.
Tomorrow I have to go back to work (Mark gets tomorrow off) and I have H&R Block training at night every day this week and on Saturday. I start my official first day of work at Block in the office on January 2nd. I'm nervous about doing my first clients, I feel like there is a lot that I need to learn about office procedures and the financial products Block provides. I'm sure my nerves will settle once I start doing some returns.
We have had a nice Christmas weekend, sleeping it till noon every day and being able to relax. I was off from both my regular job and from tax studying/H&R training, which was probably the first time I've had 4 days off since September. It was great catching up on my sleep too. My usual schedule of working from 8am to 9pm on weekdays was starting to run me a bit ragged, so it was nice to rest. Sunday, we had a small dinner party at our house with Paul and Peggy, and Troy, Valerie and Russell. We all played Rock Band, and I was happily surprised that both Peggy and Valerie got into it as well. We had a great time, and our band, "RAT" earned many fans and a tour bus before we had to call it a night. It was a really enjoyable night, especially since the last few months have been so busy with studies, it was nice to have fun with good friends.
On Christmas eve, we attended a Christmas eve service at our new church, and also attended half of a catholic midnight mass that a friend of mine from work was singing at. We ended up having to leave in the middle because of my allergies to incense were driving me crazy. Good thing I'm not Catholic, I would never be able to survive the services. The music was really nice, and we did get to hear my friend's choir sing, so that was the main thing.
Today, we slept in and awoke to the sight of snow falling outside of our window. All week the news said there would be no snow, but they were wrong. It was kinda nice to have a "White Christmas" on our first Christmas here in Portland. I later read online that there was only a 1 percent chance of snow today, and that the last time Portland had snow on Christmas was back in 1938! =) As I watched it outside, it reminded me of all of God's wonderful blessings Mark and I have enjoyed since moving to Portland.
Later today, we went over to Troy and Valerie's house for dinner. For Mark and I, it was a good opportunity to play with Russell's Christmas toys. Russell is so cute, with his blue eyes and easy laugh. He is just starting to walk, and its funny to watch his wobbly hesitant steps. He has always seemed to like me, but today he was more affectionate than ever, coming up to me and cuddling. After a delicious dinner, we just spent the evening chatting and watching Russell play with his new toys.
Tomorrow I have to go back to work (Mark gets tomorrow off) and I have H&R Block training at night every day this week and on Saturday. I start my official first day of work at Block in the office on January 2nd. I'm nervous about doing my first clients, I feel like there is a lot that I need to learn about office procedures and the financial products Block provides. I'm sure my nerves will settle once I start doing some returns.

2 Comments:
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the comments. As an Oregonian, I'm glad you are enjoying being in Oregon. There hasn't been very times that I have experienced a white Christmas. Sounds like the jobs are going well. So glad. Keep bundled up!
I am glad to hear the Lord is blessing you. You are missed and Mason keeps asking for you guys and the cats.
Post a Comment
<< Home