Trip to the coast
We decided it was high time we left Portland and did a little sightseeing along the coast. We headed over to Lincoln City, visiting a cute little covered bridge along the way. It was just nice to get out of the house, and drive through the forests. Even though we've been here for a couple months, I still thoroughly enjoy being surrounded by so much greenery.
We got to Lincoln City at about dinner time, and found a cute seafood restaurant called Pier 101, with the most amazing seafood. The sign outside says "Best steamer clams in the world" and it was sooo good I could believe it. I don't know what they put in the broth, but we loved it so much we came back 2 more times on our trip.
The next day we drove down to Newport, and spent the day there. We drove around, stopping often to take pictures of the coastline and just to breathe the fresh air. We spent the afternoon shopping at the little sidewalk shops near the coast. We got a good look at a group of seals, sunning themselves near the pier. They looked quite comfortable, and reminded me of our lazy cats at home. We ate clam chowder at Mo's, which is known for their clam chowder. (Verdict: The chowder was better at Pier 101 =P )
Our last day of our driving trip, we wandered back up the coast. I don't remember all the names of towns and stops along the way, but it was a beautiful experience to wander and look and stop when we felt like it.
During the trip, I started reading Walden, and it seemed appropriate. This qoute stood out, probably a good theme for our life right now.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. - Henry David Thoreau
We got to Lincoln City at about dinner time, and found a cute seafood restaurant called Pier 101, with the most amazing seafood. The sign outside says "Best steamer clams in the world" and it was sooo good I could believe it. I don't know what they put in the broth, but we loved it so much we came back 2 more times on our trip.
The next day we drove down to Newport, and spent the day there. We drove around, stopping often to take pictures of the coastline and just to breathe the fresh air. We spent the afternoon shopping at the little sidewalk shops near the coast. We got a good look at a group of seals, sunning themselves near the pier. They looked quite comfortable, and reminded me of our lazy cats at home. We ate clam chowder at Mo's, which is known for their clam chowder. (Verdict: The chowder was better at Pier 101 =P )
Our last day of our driving trip, we wandered back up the coast. I don't remember all the names of towns and stops along the way, but it was a beautiful experience to wander and look and stop when we felt like it. We ended our trip in Tilamook to visit the factory that makes my new favorite ice cream. At the Tillamook factory we ate cheese curds and ice cream, and learned about how these items are made.
During the trip, I started reading Walden, and it seemed appropriate. This qoute stood out, probably a good theme for our life right now.I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. - Henry David Thoreau

1 Comments:
Yum, cheese curds. There's a fast-food chain in the midwest that deep fries them. So bad, yet so good.
Post a Comment
<< Home