Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Monday, June 18, 2007

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...

We're here in the apartment for good finally. Last week Tuesday the movers came and took all of our stuff. The last week has been a mad rush to pack everything before the movers came, and we were packing from morning to 1am at night, every night. Even Furble got in on the action, taking on a supervisory role...

On Wednesday, we flew Kitiara and Furble to Oregon. They survived the trip no worse for wear and we didn't have any issues to clean up. Here's Mark and Furble at the Portland Airport...Furble is glad to be out of the cage, after being in it for several hours.


On Thursday, we signed our apartment rental papers and took possession of our new apartment. We also got our cable, internet and phone hooked up as well. Furble seemed to take the transition fine, but Kitiara was quite unhappy at being in a new place, taking refuge under our bathroom cabinet. Here's a picture of the view from our balcony.

On Saturday, we flew back to LA and spend our last night at the condo before heading out to drive our car and our third cat Piers headed to Portland Sunday afternoon. After 9 hours of driving, we stopped at a hotel Sunday night, and slept 5 hours before hitting the roads again. We had an aggressive driving schedule because we found out that we needed to be in Portland a day earlier than originally planned to meet our movers in Portland.

It was probably one of the worst driving trips we've been on. We were both sick and tired from moving. The car was cramped as it was crammed to the brim, and the cat little box smell didn't help either. Piers meowed for hours until I finally let him out of his cage to roam around the car and that seemed to help. His favorite spot was lying on my lap, which he proceeded to do for most of the trip. For as bad as it was, Mark and I tried to keep a good humor about it.
We got to our apartment at about 11:30am Monday, and were able to tell the movers where to put the furniture and boxes. I was so sick and delirious that I was just praying that the movers would leave faster so I could collapse on the bed into a coma. They finished moving all our stuff in at 4:30pm. By that time, Mark was starting to show the same symptoms as I was, and we both blissfully collapsed.

Our plan is to rest the next couple days and then spend the rest of the week slowly unpacking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tio Mak and Nina Judy,
I miss you and I miss Piers and Ferble. I do not miss Kiriara because she was always hiding from me. Could you please email me one of them? Mason.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Kiriara? Is she not cute enough to be on the pictures or that is her punishment for not playing with me when I came over?
Mason Sieber

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home