Judy and Mark's Stuff

Just a place for Mark and I to let people know what's going on in our lives. With so many friends who live far away, thought it would be a nice way to keep in touch.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Unexpected trip to Hawaii

My grandfather passed away last week, and Mark and I just returned from our unexpected trip back home for the funeral. It was a short trip, but it was good to be around family. I wasn’t especially close to my grandfather, but my dad took it hard. Always touch to have to find tickets on short notice, but it was worth it to be home to support my parents and be there to help out at the funeral. I got to see some relatives I haven’t seen for 20 years. My grandfather was a WWII vet, so he was buried at Punchbowl with a military ceremony. One good thing about it was that I got to be there for my nephew’s birthday, so that was a nice unexpected treat.
Life is super busy and I barely have time to think let alone write much. Working two jobs is leaving me exhausted, and the beginning of the semester was extremely busy since we had a brand new software rollout to deal with along with the usual new semester crunch. There were a lot of issues with the new system, and a lot of times I ended up doing a lot of troubleshooting to figure out what were some of the problems, even though I’ve had very little training with the system. Its hard for me physically to talk all day long and then go in at night and do people’s taxes, which require a lot of thinking. I’ve been making a lot of promises to myself about what I’m going to do after the tax season is over, hopefully I will actually take a break when all this is over. I have a doctor’s appointment scheduled with my new doctor on April 16th, and so I expect her to give me an earful about my health since its been not the best with all the craziness I’ve been going through.
We still pretty excited about buying our new house, and we are spending every spare minute (what little time we have) packing up everything in the apartment. We decided to schedule movers to move our stuff, but we still need to box everything up. Hopefully the cats will take the move in stride, since its just a local move. We move at the end of the month, and I actually have the weekend off from both jobs (yay). I don’t know how we have so much junk, sooo many books. Good thing the new house has a lot of storage. Anyways, I guess that’s all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home