
This past week, my first and favorite cat Furble had to be put to sleep. He got a liver infection, that led to him not eating no matter what we did, and after several tests, meds and force feeding him, we finally had to let him go. We've had him for about 16 years, and it was a very sad time for us. Anyone who has been at our house has known Furble, as he was one of the most social cats I have ever known. He loved drinking out of the faucet, riding on Mark's shoulder for walks outside, and begging for chocolate ice cream. Mark and I will miss him terribly.

The other two cats seemed lonely, and so we decided to get a third cat to see if that would help the youngest one especially. We went on the webpage for the humane society of Portland and looked through their database of cats. We picked one that sounded really friendly, and went the next day to get him. His original name is Max, but since that's my co-workers name, we decided to name him Bear instead, since he's a huge cat that reminds us on a black grizzly bear cub. Click on the picture for a complete description of Bear from the website. He is a huge cat, and very very affectionate. We kept him in the guest bedroom until he felt more comfortable and are slowly integrating him into the household. So far Kitiara hates him, and Piers is indifferent. Hopefully with time, Kitiara will get use to him.
1 Comments:
My own comments:
Losing Furble has been much harder than I ever imagined. Part of it is because I was the one that took him in to put to sleep, so the memories of those last moments continue to dwell in my mind.
The other part is that since I'm home so much more now (I teach 2 online classes and 2 in-person classes, so most of my work is done at home), I feel Furble's absence a lot more. I walk around the house and keep expecting to see him on the bed with Kitiara, or following me into the kitchen to beg for a snack, or jumping into my lap when I'm sitting at my computer.
Post a Comment
<< Home